Limitation of Liability
Information about a users visit is logged. Your IP address is never referenced to personally identifiable information. Usage statistics are gathered in a non-intrusive manner. The log files are private documents and are primarily used by the server administrator for error notification, server administration, and to monitor Web site performance. At times portions of the log files may be viewed by others for the purpose of server administration, security, or when required by law.
Our information gathering process is limited to contact and general customer profile information. We do not store sensitive information about customers such as credit card numbers or social security numbers or knowingly collect information from minors. Star Signage + Display will never sell, distribute, barter, or transfer any personally identifiable information obtained from a user to a third party. We also recommend our clients adopt a similar policy.
Star Signage + Display actively invests in maintaining security levels appropriate for the protection of digital assets to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system. We fulfill our security responsibilities through regular remote back-ups, updating security patches promptly, and periodic reviews of our security systems and procedures.
In some cases the Star Signage + Display Web site will link to the Web sites of other companies, we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those Web sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these sites and determine if that site protects your privacy in a responsible manner and to your satisfaction.
Newsletters and E-mail
Star Signage + Display’s services include a permission-based marketing system for sending personalized messages from companies to their customers. We require companies to use the system for communicating to individuals with whom they already have a relationship. If additional sources of information are used, companies may only send email to individuals who have expressly shared their address and for the purpose of receiving offers and information in the future from that company.
Using our double opt-in subscription policy, we can ensure that only those wishing to receive our eNewsletter or mailing lists will be contacted. Double Opt-In indicates that for any subscription form you complete, you will receive a confirmation email at the address you have specified. You must then either a)reply or b)click on the link provided in the email in order to change your status to active. Only then will you receive the material you have requested. If you have not taken action within 48 hours, the email address will be dropped from the database and will never receive promotional material. This prevents other users from submitting your email address, either purposely or erroneously.
The unsubscribe link is available from both the confirmation email you have received, as well as from the signup page. Clicking on the link will bring you to a form in which you enter your email address. Once submitted, and if the email address is found, your status will be changed to inactive and you will no longer receive any material from that list.
The transmission of unsolicited commercial email (spam) is expressly forbidden through our system. We define spam as the following:
- Any e-mail message that is sent to a recipient who had previously signed up to receive newsletters, product information or any other type of bulk email but later opted-out by indicating to the sender that they did not want to receive additional email;
- Any e-mail message that is sent to recipients that have had no prior association with the organization or did not agree to be e-mailed by the organization;
- Any e-mail message that is sent to a recipient without a way for a person to opt-out or request that future mailings not be sent to them;
- Any email message that does not have a valid email address in the reply-to line;
- An e-mail message is NOT spam if the recipient in anyway requested email be sent to them from the sender or the sender’s organization;
- Anytime an organization sends a bulk email message to one of its customers it is NOT spam provided that the organization offers a way for the customer to opt-out of future mailings and that the customer did not previously opt-out;
- An e-mail message is NOT spam when sent to recipients who agreed to receive information or promotions from a partner organization (as long as there is a clear opt-out option);
If you have received email from our server that you feel constitutes spam please advise us by forwarding the message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will review the message and take the appropriate course of action.
Star Signage + Display may sell products or services on the Web site. At the time of purchase, we require personal, business, and financial information, such as name, email, shipping/billing address, and credit card number in order to complete the sale. This information is transmitted in 128-bit encryption and we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online order. We do not store or access credit card information from our server after your order is processed. Your financial information may be sent to a third party designated to complete the financial transaction or order fulfillment. You will be advised at the time of purchase of any designated third party.
Acquisition or Changes in Ownership of Star Signage + Display
In the event that Star Signage + Display (or a substantial portion of its assets) is acquired, customer information would be considered part of those assets, and may be part of those assets that are transferred.